St. James has partnered with Glen-Ed Pantry for many years by collecting and delivering grocery donations to the pantry. Our church also participates in special collections and events throughout the year such as the “Pack the Backpack” school supply drive and Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets. St James’ support of Glen-Ed Pantry is a true reflection of the pantry’s formal Mission Statement that is:
Working for and with our community to provide food and services with dignity and respect.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?*
- Bring much-needed items to St. James collection baskets located at the top of the stairwell. ( A list of most-needed items is updated weekly on the pantry website.
- Cross-off the pantry’s Wishlist by shopping for them on Amazon and Walmart
- Volunteer directly at Glen-Ed Pantry. There are volunteer opportunities to volunteer on a regular basis or for special projects. (QR Code)
- Call Janeay 618-656-7506 for a tour of Glen-Ed Pantry or Contact Tina Barnard at St. James at email@example.com
- Go to the “Donate” tab on the website to see all the ways there are to support Glen-Ed Pantry
- Go to www.glenedpantry.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see all the pantry’s needs and services.*
GLEN-ED PANTRY FACTS
|LOCATION:||125 Fifth Avenue
Edwardsville, Il 62025
- Food shopping monthly… including curbside and delivery services (Pantry to You), if needed
- Fresh Produce and bread each Wednesday
- Hygiene and cleaning products
- “Second Chance Shop” Clothing and housewares shopping area free to clients during open hours
- Help with connecting with other resources
- Back to School supplies
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Baskets
WHO WE SERVE:
- Glen-Ed Pantry serves families and individuals in the Edwardsville School District.
- Individuals who receive SNAP or disability benefits qualify for pantry assistance. Families can use these benefits and Glen-Ed Pantry services.
- In 2021, we served an average of 126 households and an average of 334 people per month.
SERVICES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- “Second Chance Public Bag Sale” is open to the public the 4th Saturday of each month. For $5.00 shoppers may fill a bag with items from Second Chance. This is great for families who wish to stretch their clothing and household budgets!
- Mega Fresh Wednesday. Glen-Ed Pantry, in cooperation with the St. Louis Area Food Bank, offers food to any resident of Madison County. This market is held the third Wednesday of the month from 3-7pm on the parking lot of the pantry.. Items vary and are free to all who come by- while supply lasts.
UPCOMING OPPORTUNTIES TO SUPPORT GLEN-ED PANTRY
Consider donating your garden surplus to the Glen-Ed Pantry. Bring fresh fruits and produce to Glen-Ed Pantry during open hours.
TWELVE MONTHS OF GIVING – Suggested items to donate throughout the year. (See church Bulletin Board)