The St. James Youth Ministry Team supports our youth in grades 6-12 by experiencing Christ together through community relationships, studying the Word, engaging in serving the St. Louis community, and having crazy amounts of fun together. The goal of the team is to encourage and strengthen our youth in their faith and build life-long relationships.
Upcoming Youth Events
10/16 – Start of Operation Christmas Child
10/25 – Bonfire at the church (Tuesday Night) 6:30-8:30 (hot dogs, s’mores, games, songs)
11/13 – Operation Christmas child Shoebox collection deadline
Friday 12/16 6:30 – 9:00pm Christmas caroling followed by hot chocolate, cookies and a movie at the church
LCMS Youth Gathering
What is the LCMS Youth Gathering?
Held every 3 years since 1980, the LCMS Youth Gathering provides thousands of youth and adults the opportunity to come together as a community of God’s people to be encouraged in their walk with Jesus Christ and learn about the Christian faith and their Lutheran identity.
The Gathering is more than the five days of the event. The preparation process for the Gathering brings together young people and supportive adults to encourage each other in their baptismal identity. The Gathering provides young people a vision for the vastness of Christ’s Church and equips them for vocational service as they continue their walk with Jesus.
- Youth Gatherings proclaim the Lordship of Jesus Christ and God’s saving grace to His people through Christ. In this setting, young people grow in their personal relationship with God and grow in their fellowship of Word and Sacrament in Christ’s Church.
- Youth Gatherings are a vehicle by which the Church reaches out to, cares for and affirms young people, both churched and unchurched.
- Youth Gatherings equip youth and adults for ministry and vocational service in a variety of settings in their congregations, communities, and world.
- Youth Gatherings affirm, equip, and support adults who work with young people.
- Youth Gatherings celebrate the meaning of Christian joy in all of life’s situations, including transitions and crisis.
- Youth Gatherings recognize and affirm the diversity of God’s people
- Youth Gatherings affirm, support, and promote the ministry of LCMS Districts and congregations.
The Junior and Senior High Youth Group is planning a nine day mission trip in the summer of 2023 to Callaway, MN. Our goal, with the help of God, is to serve, pray with, teach and build relationships with families in need in the White Earth Indian Reservation area. The official dates are to be determined.
For more information about youth events or to get involved with the Youth Ministry Team please contact Stacey Staake.
Annual Yard Sale
The Youth Group hosts an annual yard sale at the church on the Saturday before Father’s Day each year. Proceeds from the yard sale are used to help offset costs for students participating in the next LCMS Youth Gathering. For more details, check out our last yard sale page.